The Lambs Club Bar and Restaurant
New York, New York
Originally built for one of the grand old theatre companies of New York, the Lambs Club was designed in 1905 by Stanford White, partner in the acclaimed architecture firm of McKim, Mead and White who designed the Old Pennsylvania Station and Boston Public Library Buildings. WQB Architecture, the Architect of Record, with interior design by The Office of Thierry Despont, was tasked with overseeing the complete renovation and architectural redesign of the building to create a magnificent and contextual 5-star boutique hotel in the heart of Time’s Square. The hotel is the jewel in the crown of the Hampshire Hotel franchise. New construction included the rehabilitation and addition to the existing landmarked façade, a four-story penthouse addition (which does not affect street side views of the structure), and a grand two-story atrium in the second floor lounge. The hotel includes a signature Geoffrey Zakarian restaurant, health spa, conference rooms, and banquet facilities in the basement. Construction was completed in 2010.